DDF-HFR Fuel Polishing System
The DDF-HFR series are bespoke fuel polishers built to meet the precise requirements of bulk storage tanks or sites.
High Flow Rate (HFR) polishers clean fuel at up to 5,000lpm. They suit tank sizes from 1 to 5 million litres.
Their modular, scalable design makes DDF-HFR units versatile enough for any storage installation. Sites storing 1 million litres or less opt for the smaller, more economical end of the range. Sites approaching 5 million litres benefit from the series’ staggering performance.
DDF-HFR polishers excel in all situations.
The design and manufacture of a DDF-HFR polisher represents a close collaboration between IPU’s engineering team and our customer’s. Extensive consultation ensures the unit integrates with the existing infrastructure and meets its performance targets.
- Bulk storage is special
If a bulk storage site loses 1,000,000 litres to contamination it is a commercial tragedy. This is very different to the situation for a commercial site that loses 1,000l. The fuel uplift that might save a 1,000l tank is not an option for a 1,000,000l tank.
The contamination that might be easily isolated in a generator day tank is free to spread rapidly in a larger, bulk tank. When a bulk storage tank fails, an entire community could lose power.
The risks are higher for bulk storage tanks. The protection has to be stronger. Bulk storage tanks need DDF-HFR polishers.
- Scalable filtration
The DDF-HFR series is modular. It offers customers economy on smaller sites and performance for larger installations. IPU enhances the versatility and economy of the series by incorporating a varying number of multi-filter housings into each unit. The number of housings suits the volume of fuel and level of contamination at each installation.
The table below illustrates how our flexible filtration design translates into performance.
Filter Housings Flow Rates (lpm) 20 5,000 12 3,000 8 2,000 4 1,000 2 500
- What does a project involve?
IPU adopts an intensely consultative approach to the design, manufacture and installation of DDF-HFR polishing units:
- Our sales team conduct a site survey to identify that nature of the problem and the project goals.
- IPU can integrate existing site drawings into our designs and provide our customers with STP files of the polishing units so they can
be added to existing site plans.
- Units are built according to our ISO 9001-approved processes and facilities.
- FAT (Factory Assessment Testing) and SAT (Site Assessment Testing) form parts of our project process.
- Units are delivered and installed by specialist staff.
- Operators are trained on operation, inspection and maintenance procedures. We also recommend basic training on the nature of and risks presented by fuel contamination.
- DDF-HFR Fuel Polishing System Features & Benefits
- Compact floor-mounted unit.
- Permanently connects to fuel storage tanks.
- Ultra-reliable pump achieves outstanding flow rates.
- High volume dirt holding capacity to deliver ISO cleanliness codes of 18/16/13 or better.
- Optional high performance filter elements to achieve 100ppm or better.
- Extensive selection of filter cell inserts to suit every clean-up application.
- Series flow path enabling multiple stage filtration.
- Simple push-button or touch-screen controls.
- Differential pressure gauge indication of system performance.
- Suitable for most diesel, kerosene and biodiesel (B100).
- A range of optional extras available, including particle counters, flow meters and fuel conditioner.
- Non-standardised. The unit is built to the customer’s specifications.
- Rapid removal of all common forms of contamination: particulates, water content and microbial growth.
- Clean, dry fuel, ready for use when required.
- 24/7 fuel protection.
- Can run unassisted month after month.
- Low running costs.
- Single pass cleanliness.
- Ideal for tank cleaning and fuel recovery.
- Ideal for mass storage tanks as large as 5 million litres.