Diesel Testing – On-Site Service
IPU’s on-site diesel testing service is fast, economical and efficient.
We take a reliable fuel sample from your tank, we carry out analysis instantly or back in our lab and we leave you with an unambiguous picture of the condition of your fuel.
You already know that diesel testing is the essential first step to reliable power. Applications ranging from hospitals to data-centres to underground mines simply cannot afford any power outages caused by generator failure. This becomes a very real risk if your fuel is found to be contaminated and unsafe to use.
However you do not have the time or the resource to test your own fuel and would prefer to have someone else manage this. That someone is IPU.
How does IPU’s on-site diesel testing service work?
DieselCheck: IPU’s market-leading portable diesel analyser.
For on-site analysis, our engineer will leave you with this report card.
For off-site testing, analysis takes place in IPU’s lab.
- We respond to your enquiry promptly.
- A consultation process follows where a member of IPU’s customer support team contacts you to determine your exact requirements. For example, how many fuel samples do you want taken and from how many storage tanks? What is the total capacity (in litres) of your tank/s?
- We schedule the site visit.
- Our fuel technician arrives on-site and takes fuel samples from your selected tank/s. For the most accurate results possible, the engineer takes a sample from the top, middle and bottom of each tank.
- Analysis is either carried out instantly at your site or the samples are taken away for lab testing.
- Using IPU’s portable diesel analyser and a fuel sampling kit, the engineer tests your fuel samples for any potential contamination. The engineer connects the sample bottles to the portable analyser and the fuel is moved to the unit and back to the sample bottles.
- The portable diesel analyser reveals the condition of your stored fuel within a matter of minutes. The results are easy to interpret – ISO4406, SAE and EN590 codes are displayed on the blue screen.
- The data returned for each sample is stored on a USB stick.
- Once the diesel testing operation finishes, the engineer delivers the results.
- The engineer makes recommendations on-site for follow up action. If your stored fuel is found to be unsafe to use and putting your critical power at risk, a fuel clean is typically the next course of action.
The differences between on-site and off-site analysis
|Place of testing
||At your site.
||Our lab, based at IPU’s headquarters.
|Delivery of results – Timescale
||Certified lab results are returned a few days after the IPU engineer has taken sample/s from your tank.
|Delivery of results – Method
||Via e-mail or on the phone.
||The engineer leaves you with a DieselCheck report card, signed and dated. It outlines levels of particulate and water contamination. With simple red, amber and green colour coding, the report card tells you whether your fuel is in an acceptable condition, approaching dangerous levels of contamination or unfit for purpose.
||More detailed PDF reports are sent to you via e-mail.
The benefits of using IPU’s on-site diesel testing service
- Our market-leading portable diesel analyser returns compelling accurate results within minutes. We detect all common forms of contamination.
- You don’t spend any time or resource on taking fuel samples or testing them yourself. You are free to focus on other pressing issues affecting your business.
- Expertise is provided by our experienced and well-trained engineers. They make recommendations to ensure your power supply is safeguarded.
- IPU’s diesel testing service potentially paves the way for a fuel conditioning programme, fully managed by us. Your concerns are our concerns. Your safety and productivity is paramount. Our fuel team will work with you to guarantee your business is never affected by power outages.