IPU Group is an industrial company specialising in manufacturing and supplying award winning solutions for a number of key markets which include Standby Power Generation, Industrial Engines and Marine Engines.
IPU are committed to its brilliant people. We were voted one of the Sunday Times Top 100 ‘Best Small Companies to Work For’ by employees and achieved Best Companies awards in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. We’re also the 2017 winners of the ‘Commitment to People Development’ Award from the Black Country Chamber of Commerce. We offer a wide range of excellent benefits for our staff:
- 25 days holiday and bank holidays.
- 1 fully paid volunteering day per year at the employee’s charity of choice.
- Pension scheme.
- Life assurance.
- Permanent health insurance.
- Health and medical benefits with Paycare.
- The option to buy more holiday.
- 5 corporate events per year doing a variety of different activities, with some open to partners and families.
IPU also has it’s own Talent Management Programme, introduced in 2015. Employees can self nominate or be nominated and it helps to build our talent pipeline and reveal the leaders of our future. The TMP is held annually to ensure our commitment to people development and has already resulted in several internal promotions.
But it’s not just all work and no play at IPU. We have our own internal events team, known as IPU Corporate Events (ICE). The ICE team organises 5 fully funded events for employees per year, with some open to partners and families. Activities include barn dances, trips to Warwick Castle, quiz nights, escape rooms and film nights. We also do regular charity days throughout the year for all to take part in.
Our culture and values underpin everything we do at IPU and we are always looking for people who can contribute to the company’s success and also demonstrate our key values:
- Brilliant People: We know that success lies in recruiting, retaining and developing the most talented people.
- Relentless Pursuit of Excellence: We are driven to be the best in everything we do and we constantly strive to find a better way. We know that continual self and team development are central to delivering excellence.
- Creating Passionate Customers: It’s our mission to exceed our customers’ expectations, remembering that every touch leaves a trace.
- Driving A Can-Do Attitude: We consistently seek new innovative ideas and we find creative solutions to overcome challenges and develop new opportunities.
- Committed To Strong Ethics And Integrity: We have a straightforward, open and honest approach to all of our relationships and we always seek to do the right thing.
This vacancy is within our bustling workshop. You will responsible for building non-electric starting systems of varying design requirements on time and to the highest quality standards. You will also be supporting on the build of Fuel polishing systems when required.
As a Draftsman/Design Engineer here at IPU, you will be responsible for taking basic layout drawings, P&ID’s and technical instruction from the project engineer to produce 3D layouts of systems. Projects range from Engine Starting Systems that end up in far reaches of the Ocean, to Fuel Polishing systems of all shapes and sizes.
We have a really exciting job opportunity available here at IPU as Area Sales Manager for Scotland. This is a brand new role for us, but due to the demand from the market, we now need a dedicated Area Sales Manager.
We have a huge customer base in Scotland so there will be plenty of customers and prospects to dig your teeth into!
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the front line commercial and customer service team, working within the Internal Sales Division. This role is an 18 month fixed term contract, providing maternity cover.
This role is key to maintaining the high levels of customer care delivered and the continued growth of sales revenues. Reporting to the Internal Sales and Marketing Manager you will be sharing a commercial plan, revenue targets and margin with the External Sales Team.