Fuel Cleaning Services – On-site Diesel Cleaning
ClearTank is the premier fuel cleaning service for removing contamination from diesel bulk storage tanks. It is an economical, efficient service that ensures diesel-powered equipment can run reliably. It addresses the three main forms of fuel contamination: water, solid particulates and microbial growth (a.k.a. the diesel bug).
Our Fuel Conditioning Handbook addresses the importance of keeping your fuel clean – Click here to request your free copy
IPU’s fuel cleaning team have a large fleet of cleaning rigs, designed and built in-house by the IPU team. The newly launched ‘Beast’, pictured above, is the fastest and most powerful cleaning rig on the market at 700 l/min. Even the dirtiest of fuel can be cleaned in a matter of hours.
Our field team have years of experience cleaning fuel, and we have been to almost every type of site – from the bottom of a basement to the most sensitive site requiring security clearance. They are support by in-house project managers, service coordinators and an engineering team to ensure every eventuality is considered and every job goes smoothly.
A typical fuel cleaning project goes something like this:
IPU’s Gold Standard of Fuel Cleaning
Qualified, industry leading, extensively experienced fuel technicians:
- 6 month extensive in-house training prior to initial supervised deployment.
- Our technicians are familiar with behaviour and protocol when working on Critical Uptime sites.
- Over 5 years of fuel related experience.
- Each technician is literate in fuel cleanliness standards as dictated by WWFC.
- Approved vendor status with most FM’s and government facilities.
- Security clearance for even the most sensitive sites.
- Additive dosing and fuel stabilisation delivered by our technicians prior to leaving every site.
- Safe contractor approved.
- Our field teams are supported by our in-house fuel experts, project managers and engineering teams.
Reporting you can trust:
- Each of our trained operators has a Dieselcheck fuel cleanliness analyser. We can give you your results there and then followed by a laboratory report and advice.
- Each Dieselcheck unit is calibrated annually to guarantee accuracy.
- Our field teams are supported by our in-house chemists, fuel experts, project managers and engineering teams.
- 6 monthly sampling and trend analysis.
Equipment that is designed, built and used by our teams:
- All hardware is designed and manufactured by IPU.
- All filters are IPU original brand which carry 99.9% efficiency. The IPU FilterSorb range features revolutionary media that removes water to under 100ppm aAllcross an impressive range of flow rates. FiltaSolid is a range of recleanable and disposable media to remove solid particulates from 1 to 800 microns.
- Highest flow rate systems on the market up to 700 l/min. ‘The Beast’, our 700 l/min can be deployed to site in a matter of hours.
- Our fleet of fuel polishing systems is comprehensive with over 15 systems
Frequently asked questions
- Why do I need to keep my fuel polished after it has been cleaned?
Cleaned fuel does not stay clean. It is under constant attack from water ingress, particulates and microbial growth. A Diesel Defence unit can be attached to your tank to circulate the fuel and polish it every day. Diesel Defence on-tank units stop new contamination gaining a foothold in your tanks.
- What applications do you clean fuel in?
The ClearTank service is relevant to any organisation that stores diesel but it is vital in the following applications:
- What is IPU's three step fuel conditioning process?
ClearTank is the second stage in IPU’s Fuel Conditioning Programme. The four-part programme is the simplest and most economical route to clean, dry, reliable fuel. It includes: