Vacancy: Marketing Administrator
IPU are looking for a very talented, hard-working individual who really wants to make a difference and who would like to support our B2B marketing activities.
This role is in place to support the activity of the marketing department, some of which is outsourced.
This role is heavily based on research, analysis and organisation, ensuring the smooth running of the department and a steady flow of output.
Due to the more traditional audience within the engineering/critical power industries, tested and proven methods of communication are preferred.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Reviewing, following up and nurturing of marketing-qualified leads.
- Maintenance of content and exhibition calendars.
- Support department administration activities, including uniform, branded goods, printed literature and business cards.
- Event management support, including supporting exhibition attendance and holding open days at IPU.
- Conducting competitor analysis and comparisons, enabling marketing to identify gaps in the market and the opportunity for new product development.
- Supporting crucial data cleaning activity.
- Data scraping and prospecting activities to build an improve on our database.
- Supporting internal marketing communications.
- Maintaining and updating optimised web content (SEO).
- Write, edit and proofread copy for promotional materials within marketing campaigns. The ability to proof read and critique own work before sending to manager for approval is essential.
- Design and updating basic marketing collateral and presentations for use externally to customers.
- Create ad hoc content for, and support IPU social media channels (mainly LinkedIn).
- Ensure that the organisation’s brand and identity is adhered to in campaigns and in all communication channels.
- Supporting ad hoc requests from colleagues in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Keep abreast of current trends in marketing and regularly report back to marketing manager on areas of interest.
- Finding and investigating new methods of lead generation and producing implementation plans for review by marketing manager.
Skills and Attributes Required
- An interest in marketing required, a qualification in marketing preferred.
- A passion for marketing and the desire to grow knowledge and skills.
- Experience working in a B2B marketing department would be excellent, but not essential.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent literacy and numeracy.
- Must have excellent skills with specific programmes such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel plus a strong aptitude for IT in general.
- Previous experience with WordPress, Gravity Forms, Moz, Google Ads, LinkedIn Advertising and a CRM system will be useful.
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Premiere Pro would be helpful.
- Ability to present strategies, projects and analysis to internal or external audiences.
- Be aware of different buyer personas, from the ‘interested’ stage, right through to ‘purchasing’ and ‘loyalty’.
- IPU has a large product range so excellent organisational, project and time management skills are important.
Key Personal Attributes
- An assertive personality.
- A strong desire to learn and develop.
- A hard-worker.
- Team Player
- A good collaborator.
- Honest and ethical.
- Inventive and inquisitive.
- Easy-going and open.
- Dedicated to high standards and continuous improvement
- Has a Can-do attitude
- Ability to speak other languages would be a bonus!
The interview process will include short but formal assessments of literacy and IT skills.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org