Vacancy: Workshop Engineer
Area of direct responsibility
To build non-electric starting systems of varying design requirements on time and to the highest quality standards. Also to support on build of fuel polishing systems when required.
- Work with the Engineering team to develop and sign off engineering designs and drawings before they are passed to manufacturing to ensure flawless manufacture.
- Work to deadlines to ensure dispatch dates are met
- To assist in the development of a range of standard and bespoke hydraulic and compressed gas starting systems.
- Work with sub-suppliers where necessary to ensure quality of outsourced items and compliance to IPU quality standards and IPU’s customers order
- To ensure that IPUs and customer quality standards are met and exceeded
- Strive for continuous improvement with each and every build
- Witness and sign off projects within IPU’s workshop
- Ensure personal compliance with all Company Health and Safety requirements
- Ensure personal compliance of the Company’s Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work policies
- Ensure personal compliance with the Company’s Bribery policy
- Be a role model of the Company Values
It is a condition of this role that you make yourself available for and take full advantage of any training and development identified as either specific and directly related to the role or is developmental in any area.
Experience and Competencies
- Mechanical fitters/engineers, apprenticed trained if possible
- An engineering background
- Experienced in hydraulics/pneumatics/pipefitting systems
- Be able to read and interpret engineering drawings, bills of materials and project timing plans
- Six sigma / lean manufacturing knowledge would be an advantage.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com