Vacancy: Service & Proposals Engineer
Job Description For Service and Proposals Engineer
Reporting To: After Sales Manager
Area of direct responsibility:
The Service and Proposals Engineer role requires a combination of onsite service support and office based proposals and sales support.
Service, installation, commissioning, inspection, fault analysis, repair and maintenance of IPU Fuel, Starting and Emissions systems.
When not on site, to facilitate and develop sales of our fuel and environmental service offerings through a combination of both direct and indirect sales activity. This will involve attending sites to carry out sampling, surveying and quoting jobs.
Including OFTEC inspections.
• To develop the sales for both existing and new clients within the service offerings of the business
• Attend client sites to carry out fuel sampling, reporting and site surveys.
• To produce sales proposals/quotes within agreed timescales and to achieve profit margin targets ensuring that all relevant resources, kit & equipment needs are captured and costed.
• Work closely with our sub-contracting partners, including identifying appropriate partner for job requirements.
• Prepare Risk Assessments and Method Statements for confirmed site orders, ensuring that all H & S requirements are covered.
• Respond to customer inquiries and concerns by phone, electronically or in person
• Take responsibility for small to medium project upgrades and project management.
• Provide first class customer service through professionalism on-site and during all customer interactions
• Liaise with Internal Sales to ensure follow-up of quotes and any other sales related activity
• Support sales technically when needed
• To develop and partner with agreed key accounts, building strong business relationships with key decision makers and influencers.
• Attend client sites when required to undertake works to include, installation, inspection, service, repair, maintenance etc.
• Compile and submit Site Visit and Site Survey Reports
• Compile and develop site test procedures
• To play a key role in customer Demo or Training days.
• To carry out testing, troubleshooting and evaluation of products.
• To project manage or supervise site installations and testing of IPU colleagues or sub-contractors
• Undertake routine service work on client sites when required which may include out of hours, overnights and weekend working
• Carry out all work to the required standard and as per the agreed Method Statement.
• Ensure both IPU and client Health & Safety standards and policies are fully complied with. Amend or update RAMS where required
• Provide first class professional customer service
• Carry out all work to the required time and quality standards
• Work with sub-suppliers where necessary to ensure quality of outsourced items and compliance to IPU quality standards and IPU’s customers order
• To ensure that IPUs and customer quality standards are met and exceeded
• Strive for continuous improvement with each and every visit
• Support workshop production if required.
• Ensure personal compliance with all Company Health and Safety requirements
• Ensure personal compliance of the Company’s Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work policies
• Ensure personal compliance with the Company’s Bribery policy
• Be a role model of the Company Values
It is a condition of this role that you make yourself available for and take full advantage of any training and development identified as either specific and directly related to the role or is developmental in any area.
Experience and Competencies • Experienced and qualified engineer – mechanical, electrical, programming. Pipe fitting, welding & fabrication would be beneficial.
• Technical knowledge and background related to fuel management
• Knowledge and background in general site-service related activity
• Strong organisational and planning skills
• Able to handle multiple projects and demands at one time
• Customer service driven
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic
• Competent with IT/MS Office
• Collaborative team player
• Flexible and adaptable. Willing to travel worldwide.
• Able to use own initiative/work independently
• Fault finding/analysis skills
• Full, clean driving licence
• Willing to participate in site specific security clearance requirements
• Experienced in hydraulics/pneumatics /pipefitting systems or generator/ diesel engine experience in a service capacity
• Be able to read and interpret engineering drawings, bills of materials and project timing plans
• Health & Safety Qualifications (IOSH Working Safely; Risk Assessments; SPA; First Aid; CSCS or equivalents)
• OFTEC and/or DSEAR experience would be beneficial
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
Does this sound like you? Email your CV to email@example.com to apply!