OilAlert helps reduce transport costs
Buses and trucks are only profitable when they’re transporting passengers or freight. The more time they spend being serviced or repaired, the less time they spend boosting company revenues. OilAlert helps reduce transport costs by minimising service stops and improving reliability.
OilAlert monitors the quality of engine and gearbox oils. It warns the driver or service depot if there is an impending lubrication or mechanical problem. Armed with such a warning, a quick service stop can put the vehicle back on the road in perfect working order. Longer, more disruptive and more expensive repair work can be avoided.
OilAlert helps reduce transport costs by minimising service stops and giving you advance warning of mechanical problems
Using efficiency to reduce transport costs
Improving efficiency and minimising maintenance time are two of the most common ways companies try to reduce transport costs. OilAlert can improve the efficiency of a fleet even when there are no mechanical issues. Oil change services, for example, are normally scheduled according to a rigid but theoretical time-table. The oil might be in perfect condition or it might hint at a mechanical problem – high dirt content could suggest an air filtration problem, for example. Simply changing it wastes money and discards valuable maintenance information. It’s like throwing away next week’s newspaper.
OilAlert Live transmits realtime oil condition data back to a service depot anywhere in the world
OilAlert gives your oil a voice
The sensitivity of OilAlert sensors gives a voice to the oil in gearboxes and engines. OilAlert tells you when oil is in such good condition that it doesn’t need changing. There’s no need to take a vehicle out of service and waste money on an unnecessary oil change. It helps you reduce transport costs by reducing unnecessary service stops.
Conversely, OilAlert warns you about hidden mechanical problems before they cause a vehicle to break down at an inconvenient moment. This enhances your reputation for reliability as well as saving expensive repair bills.
OilAlert is well suited to transport
OilAlert is especially well-suited to the transport industry. Vehicles can be hundreds of miles from their service centre when problems start to manifest themselves. OilAlert’s advanced monitoring and communications can trigger an alarm in the driver’s cab or a service centre on the other side of the world.
OilAlert reports on oil condition in real-time, alerting the operator or a service centre of impending problems.
- By precisely analysing the oil’s condition, OilAlert sensors can help identify a number of engine problems such as such as overheating, dirt ingress, fuel dilution, component failure, excessive component wear and operator abuse.
- OilAlert sensors can be fitted to any oil-lubricated mechanical part. Monitoring gearboxes, axles and hydraulic systems provides an extra level of protection against disruptive failures.
- Oil, filter and maintenance costs can be reduced because OilAlert accurately predicts how oil degrades over time. Oil change services can be scheduled when they’re actually needed instead of according to a theoretical timescale.
- Unscheduled downtime is avoided because OilAlert reports on the condition of a vehicle’s engine, gearbox, axles and hydraulics. Oil is the litmus test for an engine’s health.
- OilAlert is the best way to prevent system failures and reduce transport costs.
The OilAlert range
The OilAlert range is structured to suit a variety of engines, equipment and budgets. The basic system can be used to protect relatively inexpensive equipment; the more sophisticated system is better suited to business-critical equipment.
- OilAlert Lite is the core of the OilAlert range. It is a permittivity sensor that accurately and constantly monitors the condition of any lubricant. The sensor is mounted directly or remotely onto the engine. It can be combined with other components in the OilAlert range or linked to third-party engine management systems.
- OilAlert Plus adds a digital readout of critical conditions to the OilAlert sensor. The display is mounted in a vehicle’s cab to alert the operator as soon as a problem arises.
- OilAlert Live adds remote communications to the OilAlert sensor. Wherever the host vehicle is working, the state of its lubricants is broadcast to a service centre that can react to any problems.
- OilAlert Pro provides the ultimate level of protection. This combines the OilAlert sensor, display and remote communications with IPU’s innovative OilLife bypass oil filter to extend oil life and service intervals. This offers the ultimate way to extend the service intervals of your equipment: OilLife can reduce service frequencies by a factor of 4 while the OilAlert system supports it by checking for problems.