OilAlert helps reduce shipping costs
Engineers know how hard it is to monitor all the complex mechanical and hydraulic systems on modern ships. A failure in any of these systems can critically restrict a ship’s ability to travel, manoeuvre or handle cargo. To reduce shipping costs, IPU’s OilAlert sensor packages help ships’ engineers to predict and prevent critical failures. By providing real-time monitoring of hydraulic fluid and lubricant quality, OilAlert raises an instant alarm if there are problems with the fluid, lubricant, engine or hydraulic system.
OilAlert oil quality sensors reduce shipping costs by monitoring on-board equipment and preventing unexpected failures
OilAlert is perfectly suited to shipping
OilAlert is especially well-suited to marine applications. The OilAlert Live package collects readings from several sensors and transmits it to Engineering or, using GPRS, to a land-based control centre anywhere in the world. There is practically no limit to the number of sensors an OilAlert Live installation can support. Every critical system – main engines, generators, manoeuvring thrusters, stern tubes, etc. – can be monitored and protected.
OilAlert helps reduce shipping costs
OilAlert reduces shipping costs and maintenance times by transferring diagnostic information directly to a ship’s maintenance systems
OilAlert helps reduce shipping costs by automating the process of monitoring critical equipment. Instant alerts allow issues to be fixed before they become problems. OilAlert prevents unexpected mechanical or hydraulic failures disrupting normal operations.
- OilAlert reports on oil condition in real-time, alerting the operator or a service centre of impending problems.
- By precisely analysing the oil’s condition, OilAlert sensors can help identify a number of engine problems such as overheating, dirt ingress, fuel dilution, component failure, excessive component wear and operator abuse.
- OilAlert sensors can be fitted to any mechanical or hydraulic part. Monitoring gearboxes and hydraulic systems provides an extra level of protection against disruptive failures.
- Oil, filter and maintenance costs can be reduced because OilAlert accurately predicts how oil degrades over time. Oil and hydraulic fluid changes can be scheduled when they’re actually needed instead of according to a theoretical timescale.
- Unscheduled downtime is avoided because OilAlert reports on the condition of a ship’s engine, gearbox and hydraulics. Oil is the litmus test for an engine’s health.
- OilAlert is an economical way to prevent system failures.
There can be no profitability without efficiency.
The OilAlert range
The OilAlert range is structured to suit a variety of engines, equipment and budgets. The basic system can be used to protect relatively inexpensive equipment; the more sophisticated system is better suited to business-critical equipment.
- OilAlert Lite is the core of the OilAlert range. It is a permittivity sensor that accurately and constantly monitors the condition of any lubricant. The sensor is mounted directly or remotely onto the engine. It can be combined with other components in the OilAlert range or linked to third-party engine management systems.
- OilAlert Plus adds a digital readout of critical conditions to the OilAlert sensor. The display is mounted in a vehicle’s cab to alert the operator as soon as a problem arises.
- OilAlert Live adds remote communications to the OilAlert sensor. Wherever the host vehicle is working, the state of its lubricants is broadcast to a service centre that can react to any problems.
- OilAlert Pro provides the ultimate level of protection. This combines the OilAlert sensor, display and remote communications with IPU’s innovative OilLife bypass oil filter to extend oil life and service intervals. This offers the ultimate way to extend the service intervals of your equipment: OilLife can reduce service frequencies by a factor of 4 while the OilAlert system supports it by checking for problems.