OilAlert helps reduce mining costs
A mine’s profitability depends on its ability to extract and transport coal and ore reliably, efficiently and regularly. To reduce mining costs and cost-per-ton it is essential that vehicles stay in work not in maintenance.
OilAlert oil quality sensors reduce mining costs by providing oil condition monitoring for mining and quarrying vehicles
Using productivity to reduce mining costs
OilAlert helps operators reduce mining costs safely by reducing maintenance time and extending service intervals:
- OilAlert reports on a loader or dump truck’s oil condition in real-time, alerting the operator or a service centre of impending problems.
- By precisely analysing the oil’s condition, OilAlert sensors can help identify a number of engine problems such as overheating, dirt ingress, fuel dilution, component failure, excessive component wear and operator abuse.
- OilAlert sensors can be fitted to any oil-lubricated mechanical part. Monitoring gearboxes, axles and hydraulic systems provides an extra level of protection against disruptive failures.
- Oil, filter and maintenance costs can be reduced because OilAlert accurately predicts how oil degrades over time. Oil change services can be scheduled when they’re actually needed instead of according to a theoretical timescale.
- Unscheduled downtime is avoided because OilAlert reports on the condition of a truck’s engine, gearbox, axles and hydraulics. Oil is the litmus test for an engine’s health.
OilAlert is an economical way to prevent system failures. There can be no profitability without efficiency.
OilAlert Live transmits realtime oil condition data back to a service depot anywhere in the world
The OilAlert range
The OilAlert range is structured to suit a variety of engines, equipment and budgets. The basic system can be used to protect relatively inexpensive equipment; the more sophisticated system is better suited to business-critical equipment.
- OilAlert Lite is the core of the OilAlert range. It is a permittivity sensor that accurately and constantly monitors the condition of any lubricant. The sensor is mounted directly or remotely onto the engine. It can be combined with other components in the OilAlert range or linked to third-party engine management systems.
- OilAlert Plus adds a digital readout of critical conditions to the OilAlert sensor. The display is mounted in a vehicle’s cab to alert the operator as soon as a problem arises.
- OilAlert Live adds remote communications to the OilAlert sensor. Wherever the host vehicle is working, the state of its lubricants is broadcast to a service centre that can react to any problems.
- OilAlert Pro provides the ultimate level of protection. This combines the OilAlert sensor, display and remote communications with IPU’s innovative OilLife bypass oil filter to extend oil life and service intervals. This offers the ultimate way to extend the service intervals of your equipment: OilLife can reduce service frequencies by a factor of 4 while the OilAlert system supports it by checking for problems.