Vacancy: Project Manager
January 9th, 2020
This dynamic and challenging role is available due to a move from one of our current project managers into a technical proposals role. You will be based within our busy engineering department, reporting to our Engineering Manager.
You’ll be working on projects that involve our most critical equipment, providing bespoke engineered solutions for engine starting, exhaust emissions abatement and diesel fuel cleaning in some of the harshest environments on the planet.
Your key responsibilities will be as follows:
- Successful execution of engineered to order projects ranging from £2k to £250k in value
- Holding kick off meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Planning of the project utilising MS Project
- Manage the timescale for the project dealing with any issues throughout the project lifecycle
- Ensure costs are controlled in line with project budget
- Co-ordinate with technical sales, mechanical engineers and electrical engineers
- Provide weekly project status updates to the customer
- Participate in customer face to face meetings
- Reporting project status to the engineering manager on a weekly basis, identifying any future potential project delays.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders through the entire project lifecycle including the sales team, production and the customer
Identify and remove obstacles to ensure the on-time delivery of projects
- Provide a world class customer experience.
- Be able to work to deadlines to ensure dispatch dates are met.
- Be prepared to own and run new development projects.
- Be prepared to take a hands-on role, working closely with our workshop engineers.
- Work with sub-suppliers where necessary to ensure quality of outsourced items and compliance to their quality standards and customer’s order.
- Liaise with procurement on technical product requirements and specifications.
- Ensure that the company and customer quality standards are met or exceeded.
- Work within defined department processes.
- Strong project management skills with min 5 years Project management experience in a mechanical engineering environment
- PRINCE2 or equivalent
- Proven track record of leading, managing engineering and manufacturing projects to cost, quality and time targets
- Can read and synthesise engineering drawings including P&ID’s and General arrangement drawings
- Exposure to Solidworks and AutoCAD preferable
- Full understanding of the engineering process including BOM generation
- Demonstrable Project/Engineering skills and experience gained in a tightly regulated environment, preferably oil/gas sector.
- Sound understanding of fluid circuit design including hydraulics and pneumatics preferable
- Organised and methodical in working practices
- Good practical knowledge of production process’s such as welding and fabrication as well as an overall understanding of how things go together
- Good understanding of revision control of engineering drawings
- Problem Solver
- Basic understanding of simple electrics.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- A collaborative team player who takes individual responsibility
- Commercially astute.
- Committed to continuous improvement and innovation
- IT Literate
- Can-do attitude
- Well organised
- Driving licence