Vacancy: Project & Design Engineer
IPU is an established organisation that designs and builds systems for use in the Oil and Gas and genset industries. Our systems provide independent or emergency starting capability in some of the harshest environments on the planet. We design and manufacture standard and bespoke fuel cleaning and fuel polishing systems capable of cleaning and maintaining fuel in tanks as large as 1 million litres.
As a Project & Design Engineer, you’ll be responsible for the design and management of engineered fuel, starting and emissions projects.
If successful, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Own and deliver the CAD element projects from concept/kick-off meetings to project delivery and post contract support.
- Produce detailed 3D layouts of fuel polishing units using Solidworks
- Generate accurate BOM’s from Solidworks that will be directly inputted into the companies MRP system
- Produce General drawings and fabrication drawings that confirm to BS8888
- Read, interpret and synthesise P&ID drawings
- Work within the Engineering team to develop and sign off engineering designs and drawings before they are passed to manufacturing to ensure flawless manufacture.
- Be able to work to deadlines to ensure dispatch dates are met.
- Capture as-builts at the end of the project and update CAD models and drawings
- Be prepared to own and run new development projects.
- Be prepared to take a hands-on role, working closely with our workshop engineers.
- Work with sub-suppliers where necessary to ensure quality of outsourced items and compliance to their quality standards and customer’s order.
- Liaise with procurement on technical product requirements and specifications.
- Ensure that the company and customer quality standards are met or exceeded.
- Work within defined department processes.
- Intermediate to Advanced Solidworks user
- Good knowledge of Solidworks parts, assemblies, weldments and sheet metal
- Full understanding of how BOM’s are generated in Solidworks, including an understanding of part and assembly properties and design tables
- Produce detailed frame fabrication drawings utilising weldment cut lists
- Produce sheet metal fabrication drawings utilising flat patterns
- Demonstrable Engineering skill and experience gained in a tightly regulated environment, preferably oil/gas sector.
- Sound understanding of fluid circuit design including hydraulics and pneumatics
- Is able to design filtration systems with pumps, valves, filters, gauges, pipework etc using Solidworks
- Good understanding of pump operating parameters and is able to specify pumps
- Organised and methodical in working practices
- Good practical knowledge of production process’s such as welding and fabrication as well as an overall understanding of how things go together
- Good understanding of revision control of engineering drawings
- Produce drawings that conform to BS8888
- Problem Solver
- Basic understanding of simple electrics.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- A collaborative team player who takes individual responsibility
- Commercially astute.
- Committed to continuous improvement and innovation
- IT Literate
- Can-do attitude
- Well organised
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Hr.firstname.lastname@example.org.