Vacancy: Mechanical Assembler / Multi-skilled Workshop Engineer
Job Description For Mechanical Assembler / Multi-skilled Workshop Engineer
Reporting To: Workshop Supervisor
Area of direct responsibility:
To build starting and fuel polishing systems of varying design requirements on time and to the highest quality standards.
• Mechanically build and test fuel polishing and starting systems
• Work to deadlines to ensure dispatch dates are met
• Work independently
• Work with sub-suppliers where necessary to ensure quality of outsourced items and compliance to IPU quality standards and IPU’s customers order
• To ensure that IPUs and customer quality standards are met and exceeded
• Strive for continuous improvement with each and every build
• Witness and sign off projects within IPU’s workshop
• Attend site service visits to support customers with maintenance and remedial work.
• Testing and peer checking work
• Fault finding and rectification
• Packing/Crating of completed systems
• Work with the Engineering team to develop engineering designs and drawings to ensure flawless manufacture.
• Support research and development activities to improve build processes.
• Ensure personal compliance with all Company Health and Safety requirements
• Ensure personal compliance of the Company’s Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work policies
• Ensure personal compliance with the Company’s Bribery policy
• Be a role model of the Company Values
• Availability to attend site service visits to support customers with maintenance and remedial work (if required).
• Availability for overtime where required
It is a condition of this role that you make yourself available for and take full advantage of any training and development identified as either specific and directly related to the role or is developmental in any area.
Experience and Competencies
• An engineering background
• Experienced in hydraulics/pneumatics /pipefitting systems
• Mechanical fitters/engineers (apprentice trained if possible)
• Pipe fitting (Swagelok and Mapress desirable)
• Ability to read and interpret drawings
• IOSH Working Safely, desirable/advantageous
• Trained in abrasive wheels and grinding, desirable/advantageous
• Overhead crane certified (or experienced)
• Forklift License, desirable/advantageous
• Be able to read and interpret engineering drawings, bills of materials and project timing plans
• Six sigma / lean manufacturing knowledge, desirable/advantageous
• Experience with 2D CAD software, such as draftsight, Autocad etc, desirable/advantageous
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com