Vacancy: Marketing Executive – 3 Month contract
IPU Group is a well-established 61 year old family-owned business that designs and builds systems for the Oil and Gas, Power Generation, Marine, Agricultural and Mining industries. We are one of the market leaders, or enjoy a significant market share, in engine starting systems, diesel and oil conditioning products. Growing our international distribution is a significant focus for us.
IPU are looking for a very talented, hard-working individual who really wants to make a difference and who would like to support our B2B marketing activities.
IPU’s marketing department is:
- Advanced in the digital marketing systems we use to support our web presence, online advertising and analysis.
- Broad in the scope of the materials, tools and systems we deploy to support the business’ national and international sales operations.
- Innovative in the adoption of new techniques and technology on our website and in our sales support materials.
- Forward-looking in our approach to the as-yet unknown tools that may help us tomorrow.
Our approach is heavily-based around digital marketing but it must also blend well with the traditional activities – events, telesales and field sales – that have been the mainstay of the company’s business for decades.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Write copy for web content, PR materials, product sales literature, handbooks, email campaigns, online and print adverts, video scripts, etc.
- Optimise web content (SEO).
- Edit images, videos and other materials to support marketing activities.
- Proof-read copy and obtain approval of marketing materials.
- Design basic marketing collateral, presentations and manuals
Skills and Attributes Required
- Experience working in a B2B marketing department is essential.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent literacy and numeracy.
- Should be able to illustrate successful digital marketing projects incorporating SEO, PPC and alignment with a business’ commercial goals.
- Must have excellent skills with specific programmes such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel plus a strong aptitude for IT in general.
- Previous experience with WordPress, WordPress Multi-Lingual, Gravity Forms, Moz and a CRM system will be useful.
- Strong understanding of data analysis using standard tools such as Google Analytics and further analysis in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to present strategies, projects and analysis to internal or external audiences.
- IPU has five business divisions so excellent organisational, project and time management skills are important.
- Ability to understand commercial relationships and goals.
- Ability to understand, discuss and explain complex mechanical systems would be an advantage.
Key Personal Attributes
- An assertive personality.
- A strong desire to learn and develop.
- A hard-worker
- Team Player
- A good collaborator.
- Honest and ethical.
- Inventive and inquisitive.
- Easy-going and open.
- Dedicated to high standards and continuous improvement
- Has a Can-do attitude