Vacancy: Fuel Service Technician
IPU Group is an industrial company specialising in manufacturing and supplying solutions for a number of key markets which include stand-by power generation, oil and gas, industrial and marine engines.
This job sits within our growing Fuel Conditioning division and has become available after internal promotion.
Fuel and Environmental Manager
Area of direct responsibility:
Attending client sites, using the latest testing and diagnostic techniques, identify the precise causes of fuel contamination and recommend a fuel management programme suitable for any application.
You will be responsible for:
- Fuel tank cleaning using the latest one man entry tank cleaning equipment.
- Carrying out fuel sampling and testing.
- Complete site visit reports.
- On site customer service.
- Work to deadlines and timescales.
- Carry out Risk Assessments.
- Work to Method Statements and SOP’s, identifying continuous improvement opportunities.
- Deliver high standard quality of work.
- Carrying out daily equipment inspection and vehicle stock checks.
- Prepared to travel extensively and be away from home as needed.
- Maintaining a safe working environment for you, your team members, and the public.
- Ensure personal compliance with all Company Health and Safety requirements
- Ensure personal compliance and promotion of the Company’s Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work policies
- Ensure personal compliance with the Company’s Bribery policy
- Proactively raise NCR’s where appropriate
- Proactively investigate and close allocated NCR’s
- Proactively seek industry knowledge and professional development opportunities
- Uphold the Company values
- Undertake other duties as requested by a senior member of staff
It is a condition of this role that you make yourself available for and take full advantage of any training and development identified as either specific and directly related to the role or is developmental in any area.
Experience and Competencies:
- Good understanding of health & safety at work.
- SPA Forecourt would be an advantage.
- A full clean driving licence.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Willing to travel nationwide and stay away from home on a regular basis.
- Self-starter and self-motivated.
- Able to use initiative.
- Professional, customer facing presentation.
- Collaborative team player.
- Excellent communication skills with an open and honest approach.
- Enthusiastic and positive outlook.
- Decisive / Problem Solver.
Some knowledge of our industry sector is an advantage but not essential; however, the Company is seeking to recruit enthusiastic and motivated individuals, with a desire and willingness to learn and develop skills associated with the industry.