Vacancy: Document Controller
March 6th, 2019
IPU Group is an industrial company specialising in manufacturing and supplying solutions for a number of key markets which include stand-by power generation, oil and gas, industrial and marine engines.
This is a role that sits within our busy and ever-growing engineering team.
Area of direct responsibility:
Accurately maintain archives and database for project documentation using in house document management system and project specific spreadsheets/databases.
Definition of Documentation: manuals, data books, datasheets, drawings, Certification including material traceability, calibration certificates, component data sheets and calculations.
- Collect, issue, receive and distribute incoming and outgoing project documentation within pre-agreed timeframes.
- Generate and issue project documentation status reports on a pre-agreed timescale.
- Monitor status of project documentation on an ongoing basis and work with the Project Team and internal departments to expedite overdue actions.
- Maintain Project Master Documentation List in accordance with Company Documentation System requirements and Project requirements.
- Liase with customers via phone and email.
- Attend Project meetings and report and issue to internal and external customers.
- Provide a technical library service as required.
- Assist in defining required documentation for each project at kick off stage.
- Define the level of documentation required from sub-suppliers at pre-order stage with the sales and projects team and follow through to delivery.
- Submit data booklets and manuals to the customer.
- Follow up on all outstanding documents from sub-suppliers.
- Contribute to and attend internal meetings as required.
- Ensure personal compliance with all Company Health and Safety requirements.
- Ensure personal compliance and promotion of the Company’s Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work policies.
- Ensure personal compliance with the Company’s Bribery policy.
- Proactively seek industry knowledge and professional development opportunities.
- Undertake other duties as requested by a senior member of staff.
Experience and competencies
- Previous experience in a similar role preferably in an engineering environment.
- Engineering or Technical Qualification desirable.
- A good knowledge of filing/electronic data management systems and the aim of distribution matrices.
- Capable of working on daily routine document control duties with little supervision.
- Accuracy – right first time.
- Quality Management System experience desirable.
- Project Management skills.
- Good people skills
- Strong IT skills.
- Strong time management.
- Good customer service skills.
- Good communicator/telephone manner.
- Excellent organisational skills
- A team player.
It is a condition of this role that you make yourself available for and take full advantage of any training and development identified as either specific and directly related to the role, or is developmental in any area.