Vacancy: Business Development Manager
IPU is an established organisation that designs and builds systems for use in the Oil and Gas and genset industries. Our systems provide independent or emergency starting capability in some of the harshest environments on the planet. We design and manufacture standard and bespoke fuel cleaning and fuel polishing systems capable of cleaning and maintaining fuel in tanks as large as 1 million litres.
|As a Business development manager, you’ll be able to expand the IPU Group business by identifying and winning new business across markets, territories, products and growing existing customers.
If successful, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Identify new markets and opportunities suitable for IPU products through analysis and research.
- Create and execute plans, including travel costs, to establish new business relationships within identified new target market areas.
- Proactively liaise with the Sales & Technical Director in order to align BD activities to their strategic growth plans.
- Liaise with the Marketing team to generate activity aligned to your identified new business targets.
- Identify customer needs and provide feedback to Engineering and Design for product development considerations.
- Identify potential customers, both new and existing, to facilitate growth through NPI.
- Seek out and pursue increased business opportunities within existing customers.
- Deliver Group presentations to key stakeholders and decision makers of potential new customers.
- Build a strong pipeline of prospects through various means including networking, cold calling and exhibitions.
- Negotiate and deliver contracts & proposals for new business opportunities.
- Maintain new customer relationships until the account reaches a level of maturity to be handed over to Key Account Management teams.
- Provide management reports for review and consideration on BD activity and KPI’s.
- Expert in building strong customer relationships.
- Strong background in power generation, or associated equipment or prime movers (engines)
- Sound knowledge of Sales Management and CRM processes
- Able to demonstrate value added and consultative selling
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Proven ability to establish and maintain relationships with decision makers
- Highly influential and persuasive
- Strong and proven negotiation skills
- Financially and commercially aware
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Growth and goal driven
- Excellent communicator – verbal, presenting and written
- Problem Solver
- Flexible and able to travel extensively
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Hr.email@example.com.