Vacancy: Applications & Software Engineer Trainee
Area of direct responsibility:
Technical, software and application support on the Enovation Controls PowerView range of displays. Responsible for building custom display configurations to suit the customers applications via the Enovation Controls PowerVision software.
Read on for the full job description and if you think you have what we’re looking for, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply!
- Work with the Engineering team to develop and sign off engineering designs and drawings before they are passed to manufacturing to ensure flawless manufacture.
- Fit and wire panels
- Working through system I/O requirements and matching to suitable display / I/O modules from the Enovation Controls product line
- Programming and operating push button type panels
- Traditional Mechanical Panel Design & Build
- PLC (Electronic) Based Panels Design, Build & Programming
- Work to deadlines to ensure dispatch dates are met
- Develop HMI software configurations for customers’ engine and machine control applications
- Testing work
- Fault finding and rectification
- Ensure personal compliance with all Company Health and Safety requirements
- Ensure personal compliance of the Company’s Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work policies
- Ensure personal compliance with the Company’s Bribery policy
- Be a role model of the Company Values
It is a condition of this role that you make yourself available for and take full advantage of any training and development identified as either specific and directly related to the role or is developmental in any area.
Experience and Competencies:
- Electrical background
- Be able to read and interpret engineering drawings, bills of materials and project timing plans
- Experience with 2D CAD software, such as draftsight, Autocad etc.
- Able to write test procedures and contribute to customer manuals for operational instructions
- Experience with PLC languages and environments, such as ladder logic or Codesys
- UI/UX (User Interface and User experience) understanding and experience
Some knowledge of our industry sector is an advantage but not essential; however, the Company is seeking to recruit enthusiastic and motivated individuals, with a desire and willingness to learn and develop skills associated with the industry.
Does this sound like you? Email your CV to email@example.com to apply!