About IPU and Our Capabilities
IPU Group has come a long way since its beginnings, starting from working on engines in go-carts to eventually becoming a leader in solutions in protecting people, the environment, critical industry, and infrastructure.
Founded in 1959 by Roy Beebee and George Wedge, IPU Group is a privately owned OEM and distributor based in the heart of the UK in the West Midlands. In 1980, Robert Beebee, son of Roy Beebee, joined IPU, later becoming the Managing Director and stepping down in 2019 to appoint Louise Hazel as the new Director. In 1993, we formed three distinct technical excellence divisions; Engine Starting, Engine Control, and Groundcare, with an Oil division being created in 2016 and an Emissions Solutions division formed in 2018. In 2018 we also became the main UK distributor for Enovation Controls, and 2020 saw us becoming the premier distributor of Baldwin Filters.
The company began as a small office in Wolverhampton, but it has grown considerably over its 60-year legacy into a team of over 60 employees in our UK HQ West Bromwich office, with employees also based in France, China, and Malaysia in addition to a global network of distributors.
We have five core values:
– Our success lies in recruiting, retaining, and developing the most talented people
Relentless pursuit of excellence
– We are driven to be the best in everything we do and constantly strive to find a better way. We know that continual self and team development are central to delivering excellence.
Creating passionate customers
– It’s our mission to exceed our customers’ expectations, remembering that every touch leaves a trace.
Driving a can-do attitude
– We consistently seek new innovative ideas and find creative solutions to overcome challenges and develop opportunities.
Committed to strong ethics and integrity
– We have a straightforward, open, and honest approach to all of our relationships, and we always seek to do the right thing.
Exceptional service and quality are at the heart of what we do. We proudly use expertise and passion to exceed customer expectations through ownership of our contribution to the safe delivery of high-quality, innovative solutions.
We offer a range of products and services:
- Environmental Services (OFTEC inspection, MCERTS emissions gas testing, fuel management)
- Manufacturing Services (IPU Sub-Assemblies)
- Fuel Management Services (Diesel testing, diesel defence, fuel cleaning services, fuel polishing hire)
- Engine starting
- Filtration & components etc
Just some of the many benefits of using IPU Group are:
- The technology on our fuel polishing units, specifically the Kapture Panel, is unique to IPU. It was designed and built by our experts at IPU, including the software and cloud monitoring platform. The Kapture Panel is not only a genuinely high-quality, affordable fuel polisher, but you will get extremely quick delivery without compromising on quality or technology.
- We have an in-house software engineer who understands the industries’ problems, goals, and wants. They have over 20 years of experience in the electronics industry and can offer a bespoke service that is tailored to you and your needs. With decades of experience, they have a deep understanding of identifying not only the technical requirements of our customers but also in understanding how your customer interacts with your products.
- We offer every stage of the fuel management process, meaning that you will not need to deal with multiple suppliers. IPU’s Total Fuel Management Services handle everything from regular testing, cleaning, and polishing to remedial activities such as lining tanks, uplifting contaminated fuel, building bunds, and documenting procedures. If you have concerns about fuel quality, you can speak to an experienced IPU fuel expert about our industry-leading fuel and environmental managed services.
- Our products end up all over the globe, and we currently have an approximate 50/50 split of goods that we export vs goods that stay within the UK. We are a globally recognised name for our high-quality, affordable goods.
- We have a huge network of distributors, based in 17 countries across every continent. This means that we are able to offer fast service and delivery all over the world.
We supply our products to multiple industries across the globe, including but not limited to:
- Oil & Gas
- Data Centres & IT Services
- Power Generation
To find out more about what industries we operate in, look around our interactive page by clicking the link below: